Designer / Senior Designer
A rare and exciting opportunity to join luxury London brand Hucklebones.
We are looking for a multi-product designer (woven and jersey). With experience working with luxury fabrics such as silk, jacquards, fine organza and georgette. Knowledge of construction and finishing of luxury fabrics and also how jacquards are woven would be a benefit. A design handwriting that is feminine with a keen eye for proportion and detail.
Working on both baby (3-36 months) and girls (2-12 years) products and accessories.
Fixed term 6 month contract - with possibility to develop into a full time position upon expiry.
- - Have a beautiful feminine handwriting with a strong focus on design details.
- - Ambitious, charismatic and hard working with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- - Highly organised.
- - Precision and accuracy in their work from concept to finish.
- - Proven team player who can share ideas and work well with others.
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- - Work autonomously and manage their own time.
- - Proven track record of meeting deadlines in accordance with a critical path.
- - Experience working with an array of different fabrics and product types.
- - Strong understanding of garment construction, ability to design and spec garments.
- - Ability to create detailed tech packs.
- - Good technical skills, can problem solve construction challenges and think outside the box.
- - Be able to create clear technical sketches in Illustrator. A good understanding of Photoshop & Excel would also be beneficial.
- - A good knowledge of current trends and the ability to apply this knowledge to suit a brands handwriting.
- - Have the flexibility to travel for work.
- - Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years industry experience in either womens or girlswear design preferably within the luxury market.
Please provide examples of your portfolio on application. Successful candidates will be well suited to our company ethics:
- - Always act honestly with integrity.
- - Communicate clearly in an open manner.
- - Be a team player and support colleagues.
- - Take ownership for your own learning and development.
- - Highly respect the brand's customer and their values.